Client: St. James’ Foundation & HSE
Brief: To create a Healing Garden, which are known to reduce stress and promote a sense of wellbeing. This leads to measurable psychological, physiological, and behavioural benefits.
- The Healing Garden is located in the Camino Rest Courtyard within St. James’ Hospital and was designed, by Austen Associates, to enhance the healing environment by providing calmness and tranquility away from the busy clinical environment.
- The garden is a therapeutic space surrounded by trees, plants, seating and artwork which will provide patients with much needed solace in an oasis of tranquility.
- The space can be used for a range of activities such as art, music, mindfulness and a space for patients to meet visitors away from the hustle and bustle of the hospital environment
- The large flowerbeds have been planted up with many different plants to create beauty & peacefulness.
- Wide paths allow patients & visitors to wander around the gardens.
- The seating area has been designed to allow for solo relaxation as well as a meeting place for patients & visitors