Client: Family with 4 children.
Brief: The new owners of this family home, built in 1999 were looking for a new extension to increase the open plan living space inside. McLoughlin Architecture created the design. They were also looking for the outside to be landscaped.
Extension & Renovation:
- Our demolition crew cleared the downstairs of this house in preparation for the new extension. Two walls were taken down and underfloor heating was installed throughout the downstairs.
- All floors & walls, both downstairs & upstairs were insulated.
- The extension was created using a steel structure and a large picture window was created.
- A large three window sliding door was installed to allow for inside/outside living during the warmer months.
- The outside of the new extension was clad using zinc, the overhang was finished with teak wood paneling and the flat roof was covered in artificial grass.
- A large electric roof light was installed.
- A large patio area was created outside the new extension. Oatmeal Granite paving was used.
- A large built in Teak wood bench was installed.
- Oatmeal granite steps were built leading down to the lawn & play area.
- A large play area was created using artificial grass, a jungle gym was built and a large trampoline was sunken into the ground.
- A new lawn area was created with existing flowerbeds freshened up.
- Tarmacadam was laid for the drive way and a large concrete area was laid for future building of a shed but is used as a basketball court now.
- A 7 hole putting green with bunker was created using artificial grass.